Barbecuing season is almost here. Check, Please! host and master sommelier Alpana Singh joins us with the best drinks to serve grillside.
- Alpana's Memorial Day Drink Recommendations
- Places to purchase Dandelion Wine: Ackerman Winery, Amana Iowa and Village Winery, Amana Iowa
Alpana's Memorial Day Drink Recommendations:
- Gran Sarao Brut Rose, Spain $11 - “An affordable sparkling rose that you can bring to summer time celebrations. Also pains well with BBQ – especially ribs and other grilled, smoky foods. On the dry side but still fruity with flavors or strawberries, rose petals and dried cranberries.”
- 2007 Montes Alpha Syrah, Chile $20 – “Dark, rich and luscious with flavors of blackberries and smoked cherries. Subtle spice notes are a great match for grilled and smoky foods.”
Aperol Orange Aperitif, “Aperol is a burnished orange color and is flavored with a subtle blend of bitter orange, gentian root, rhubarb, and other roots and herbs”
- 1 1/2 ounces Aperol
- 3 ounces Presecco or sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 lemon or orange slice
Fill glass with ice. Add Aperol, Prosecoo and top with a splash of soda water. Garnish with a lemon or orange slice and serve.