The countdown to Turkey Day is on. Whether you're preparing a feast or a more modest dinner, don't forget to consider the drinks. Check, Please! Host and Master Sommelier Alpana Singh is here with Thanksgiving dinner-drink pairing tips.
Recommendations for Thanksgiving Dinner:
- White Wine: Seven Hills Riesling, Washington $12-"Green apple aromatics with flavors of ripe peaches, honey and crisp clean finish."
- Red Wine: Zinfandel, Grenache or other Rhone blends are all very good options. If you cannot decide between them try Apothic Red California $14
Recommendations for Thanksgiving Dessert:
- Alvear Cream Sherry from Spain $14
- Prairie State Prairie Pumpkin Wine $12-"Tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass. It's delicious!"
- 2008 D’Arenberg The Stump Jump Sticky Chardonnay Australia $10 (for a half bottle)-"This golden colored dessert wine with flavors of ripe apples and honey, vanilla and baked pineapples is a great match for buttery apple crisp."
- Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto d’Acqui, Italy $20"A semi-sweet, rose colored sparkling dessert wine with flavors of raspberries and strawberries."