Chicago Business News: 1/16
Can Sears survive? Kris Kridel of WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9FM joins us to discuss that, and more top business headlines.
Chicago-based CareerBuilder is out with its annual list of the most unusual excuses for being late to work.
Nearly one out of every six Americans report they arrive late to work once a week or more, and it’s not hard to guess the most common reasons: traffic, lack of sleep and bad weather. But in a survey conducted by CareerBuilder.com, there are some pretty bizarre excuses too, even topping last year’s “My Botox appointment took longer than expected.” Below are five of the most unusual excuses, as reported by hiring managers:
- “I believe my commute time should count toward my work hours.”
- “A fox stole my car keys.”
- “My leg was trapped between the subway car and the platform.” (This turned out to be true.)
- “I was late because of a job interview with another firm.”
- “I had to take a personal call from the state governor.” (This also turned out to be true.)
Check the CareerBuilder survey for the full results.
For more on the top business stories, visit the links below.