On this edition of Chicago Tonight: The Week in Review with Joel Weisman, Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan slams corporate tax breaks as Illinois’ business subsidy debate rages on. Should Chicago have an elected school board? We explore Congressman Bobby Rush’s million dollar tech center mystery, and a new plan for the Gary Chicago Airport. A Bus Rapid Transit plan is criticized by Ashland Avenue merchants. And in sports, which quarterback can bring the Bears into the playoffs?
- Mary Mitchell, Chicago Sun-Times
- Jon Hilkevitch, Chicago Tribune
- David Greising, Reuters
- Mike Mulligan, 670 the Score
Watch our panel’s web-exclusive conversation in Web Extra: The Week in Review: 12/13.
Here is a roundup of Chicago Tonight's web stories from this week:
Monday, December 9:
- Illinoisans Mourn Death of Nelson Mandela
- Is Pension Reform Deal Unconstitutional?
- Viewer Feedback: Ventra Special
Tuesday, December 10:
- City Council Debates Need for Financial Advisory Staff
- "Big Cat" Williams on Bears vs. Cowboys
Wednesday, December 11:
- Petcoke Update
- Ashland BRT
- Winter Divvy
- Misspelled Signs in Chicago?
Thursday, December 12:
- South African Consul General on Mandela
- BGA Exclusive on Chicago Tonight
- Elmhurst Art Museum's "Inventory"
Friday, December 13:
- Weekend Events Around Town: 12/13 – 12/15
- Web Extra: The Week in Review