WTTW’s 2016 Voters’ Guide to the General Election is an online resource designed to inform voters about the candidates running for office in the Nov. 8 election.
Candidates were given two minutes to tell voters where they stand on the issues, why they feel they are best qualified and what they intend to do if elected or re-elected. The messages were recorded at the WTTW studios at no cost to the candidates. The Voters’ Guide is an online version of Candidate Free Time, pioneered by WTTW in the 1992 race for U.S. Senate. This year’s Candidate Free Time is underwritten in part by the League of Women Voters of Cook County and the City Club of Chicago.
About this office: Cook County State's Attorney
The Cook County State's Attorney's Office prosecutes crimes committed in Cook County, the largest consolidated court district in the U.S.; serves as legal counsel for Cook County government agencies; and serves as legal counsel for all Cook County public officials.
About this candidate:
Name: Christopher E.K. Pfannkuche
Hello. My name is Christopher Pfannkuche and I am a candidate for Cook County State's Attorney. Here's why I am running for State's Attorney: our criminal justice system is taking a beating.
So far this year over 3,300 people have been shot in Chicago and 570 people have been murdered. Chicago is now the murder capital of America. Yet in 81% of these murders NO ONE has been charged with a crime.
Rapport between the police and our communities has never been so bad. People have lost confidence in our criminal justice system. Our citizens want answers. Helping to reduce crime is the job of the State's Attorney whose job is to prosecute criminals, seek justice for crime victims, and maintain confidence in our criminal justice system.
I am the best qualified candidate. Here is what I bring to this election:
- Experience: Mine is extensive and is set forth at my website: votechristopher.com. I served as a criminal prosecutor for 3 different Government agencies: 31 years with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office as a courtroom prosecutor and trial supervisor. My trial experience is extensive. I taught college for 12 years, am a published author, and a police training instructor.
- Leadership: As a prosecutor I ran felony courtrooms and served as a trial supervisor. As a private attorney I led attorney bar associations, serving on executive boards and a Board of Governors.
- Judgment Skills: I have handled murder cases and made the tough call on thousands of felony cases.
- Independence: I do not answer to any political machine.
The moment I am elected State's Attorney:
- I will focus on prosecuting the gun violence that is plaguing our communities.
- I will go after the corrupt politicians who have disgraced our system of government.
- Courtroom prosecutors will be given the discretion to efficiently dispose of cases.
- I will expand the use of court diversion programs to give nonviolent offenders a second chance.
- I will establish a network of community outreach programs to re-establish trust with our communities.
Experience matters! The people of Cook County deserve an experienced State's Attorney.
I am asking for your vote. My website is: votechristopher.com.
My name is Christopher Pfannkuche and I am a candidate for Cook County State's Attorney. Thank you.
See more candidates for Cook County State's Attorney
Return to our 2016 Voters’ Guide to the General Election